CS 422: Computer Architecture
Pre-requisites: ESC101, CS210, CS220, CS330.
- Overview of computer architecture, performance evaluation of processors.
- Pipelining, super-pipelines, advanced pipelines, static and dynamic scheduling, instruction-level parallelism, loop unrolling, VLIW and superscalar processors, vector processing and array processing.
- Memory bandwith issues, memory organization, cache hierarchy.
- Symmetric multiprocessors (SMP), NUMA-MPs, massively parallel processors, cache coherence protocols, interconnection networks, I/O processing, multiprocessing, multiplexing, examples of contemporary architectures, RAS (Reliability, Availability, Scalability) features.
Books and References:
- JL Hennessy, DA Patterson, Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach, 4th Ed., Morgan Kaufmann/Elsevier-India, 2006.