The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) was the first department in India to start Computer Science education.
It started in August 1963 with an IBM 1620 system - a novelty then, even in many North
American and European universities. The department runs BTech, MTech and PhD programs and is
engaged in cutting edge research with sponsored projects and consultancies. Many of the
nation's leading experts, educationists and consultants in computer science today are
the alumni of this department.
- Irreducibility and deterministic r-th root finding over finite fields. Vishwas Bhargava, Gábor Ivanyos, Rajat Mittal & Nitin Saxena. 42nd International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation (ISSAC), 2017.
- Memory of relative magnitude judgments informs absolute identification. Nisheeth Srivastava CogSci 2017
- A rational analysis of marketing strategies. Nisheeth Srivastava and Ed Vul. CogSci 2017
- Rationalizing subjective probability distortions. Nisheeth Srivastava and Ed Vul. CogSci 2017
- Intertemporal impulsivity can also arise from persistent failure of long-term plans: Comment on Nettle & Pepper (2017) Nisheeth Srivastava and Narayanan Srinivasan. In Behavioral and Brain Sciences
- Scratchpad Sharing in GPUs; Vishwesh Jatala, Jayvant Anantpur,
Amey Karkare in ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (accepted)
- Automatic Grading and Feedback using Program Repair for Introductory Programming Courses; Ziyaan Dadachanji, Praveen Kumar Singh, Sagar Parihar, Rajdeep Das, Amey Karkare and Arnab Bhattacharya in Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE) 2017
- AdaScan: Adaptive Scan Pooling in Deep Convolutional Neural Networks for Human Action Recognition in Videos, A. Kar, N. Rai, K. Sikka, G. Sharma, In Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2017 (accepted, to appear)
- An Empirical Evaluation of Visual Question Answering for Novel Objects, S. K. Ramakrishnan, A. Pal, G. Sharma, A. Mittal, In Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2017 (accepted, to appear)
- Mainak Chaudhuri, Mukesh Agrawal, Jayesh Gaur, Sreenivas Subramoney. Micro-sector Cache: Improving Space Utilization in Sectored DRAM Caches. ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization, vol. 14, 2017.
- Diptarka Chakraborty, Satyadev Nandakumar, Himanshu Shukla. On Resourse-bounded Versions of the van Lambalgen's Theorem. TAMC 2017.
- Van-Thuan Pham, Sakaar Khurana, Subhajit Roy and Abhik Roychoudhury. Bucketing Failing Tests via Symbolic Analysis. FASE 2017.
- Vivek Gupta, Siddhant Mittal, Sandip Bhaumik, Raj Roy. Assisting Humans to Achieve Optimal Sleep by Changing Ambient Temperature. BIBM 2016.
- Vivek Gupta, Harish Karnick, Ashendra Bansal, Pradhuman Jhala. Product Classification in E-commerce using Distributional Semantics. COLING 2016 Posters.
- Arnab Ghosh, Viveka Kulharia, Amitabha Mukerjee, Vinay P. Namboodiri and Mohit Bansal, "Contextual RNN-GANs for Abstract Reasoning Diagram Generation" AAAI 2017.
- Rahul Arora, Ishan Darolia, Vinay P. Namboodiri, Karan Singh and Adrien Bousseau,"SketchSoup: Exploratory Ideation using Design Sketches" Computer Graphics Forum, accepted, to appear.
- Yeshi Dolma and Vinay P. Namboodiri, "Using Gaussian Processes to Improve Zero-Shot Learning with Relative Attributes" ACCV 2016.
- A. Aggarwal, S. Ghoshal, A. M S, S. Sinha, G.Ramakrishnan, Purushottam Kar and P. Jain, Scalable Optimization of Multivariate Performance Measures in Multi-instance Multi-label Learning, AAAI 2017.
- Sudhanshu Shukla and Mainak Chaudhuri. Tiny Directory: Efficient Shared Memory in Many-core Systems with Ultra-low-overhead Coherence Tracking. HPCA 2017.
- Jayesh Gaur, Mainak Chaudhuri, Pradeep Ramachandran, Sreenivas Subramoney. Near-optimal Access Partitioning for Memory Hierarchies with Multiple Heterogeneous Bandwidth Sources. HPCA 2017.
- Prakhar Banga, Atul R Pai, Subhajit Roy, Mainak Chaudhuri. Accelerating Schedule Space Exploration of Multi-threaded Programs with GPUs. MEMOCODE 2016.
- Prachi Josi, Vedahari Narasimhan G., Haibo Zeng, Sandeep K. Shukla, Chung-Wei Lin, Huafeng Yu, "Design Space Exploration for Time-Triggered Ethernet-based Architecture of Automotive Systems", IEEE HLDVT 2016.
- Trading Determinism for Time in Space Bounded Computations. Vivek Anand T Kallampally and Raghunath Tewari. MFCS 2016.