Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur was the first Institute in India to start Computer Science education with the initial "computer-related" courses starting in August 1963 on an IBM 1620 system installed in the nation's first "computer classroom". The department continues to lead the nation in terms of excellence in research and teaching in Computer Science and Engineering.
We are deeply shocked and saddened by the sudden demise of Prof. Sanjeev Kumar Aggarwal on 11th Jan. 2014 due to cardiac arrest. He had been a Head of the department, Head of Computer Center, and Dean of Resources, Planning and Generation. He was currently on leave from the department as Director of BITS Pilani, Goa Campus. We grieve and mourn this huge loss to his family, the department and IITK. Condolence message remembering him can be registered here.
- MOOC on Mobiles for Development [website]
- [ACA] and [Yahoo!] organised [Yahoo HackU], August 22-25, 2013.
- CSE Research Day [website].
- Minor Programs in CSE [website].
- ACA Summer School on Algorithms and Programming. Registration deadline May 31st. [Course Website].
- 1st Indian Workshop on Machine Learning, July 1-3, 2013 at IIT Kanpur [Call for abstracts].
- Upcoming CS Events in India [List].
- Important notification regarding online courses offered by the department [link].
- The CSE Department announces the construction of the new Rajeev Motwani building for CSE. [Website]
- Save Energy, Save the Earth ! Share a Car - Check out the new IIT Kanpur Carpool Portal here(Intranet only).