Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur was the first Institute in India to start Computer Science education with the initial "computer-related" courses starting in August 1963 on an IBM 1620 system installed in the nation's first "computer classroom". The department continues to lead the nation in terms of excellence in research and teaching in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Aditya Nigam, and Phalguni Gupta's paper gets accepted to IJCB 2014.
- Richard Cleve, and Rajat Mittal's paper gets accepted to ICALP 2014.
- Surender Baswana, and Shahbaz Khan's paper gets accepted to ICALP 2014.
- Ajitha Shenoy, Somenath Biswas, and Piyush Kurur's paper gets accepted to GECCO 2014
- Akhil Arora, Mayank Sachan, and Arnab Bhattacharya's paper gets accepted to SIGMOD 2014.
- Amitabha Sanyal, Alan Mycroft, Amey Karkare and Rahul Asati's paper gets accepted to CC 2014.
- Amrita Chaturvedi and T.V. Prabhakar's paper gets accepted to SAC 2014.
- Manindra Agrawal and Nitin Saxena's paper gets accepted to STOC 2013.
- Harish Karnick and Purushottam Kar's paper gets accepted to ICML 2013.
- Subhajit Roy's paper gets accepted to SAS 2013.
- Umair Ahmed, Sumit Gulwani and Amey Karkare's paper gets accepted to IJCAI 2013.
- Gaurav Kumar and Subhajit Roy's paper gets accepted to SAC 2013.
- Ashish Agrawal and T V Prabhakar's paper gets accepted to SAC 2013.
- Ramshankar Chouhan, Subhajit Roy and Surender Baswana's paper gets accepted to CGO 2013.
- An online course about online courses [mooconmooc.org]
- An online course on architecting for the cloud [a4c]
- Upcoming CS Events in India [List].
- Important notification regarding online courses offered by the department [link].
- The CSE Department announces the construction of the new Rajeev Motwani building for CSE. [Website]
- Save Energy, Save the Earth ! Share a Car - Check out the new IIT Kanpur Carpool Portal here(Intranet only).