Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur was the first Institute in India to start Computer Science education with the initial "computer-related" courses starting in August 1963 on an IBM 1620 system installed in the nation's first "computer classroom". The department continues to lead the nation in terms of excellence in research and teaching in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Prof. Rajat Mittal and Prof. Raghunath Tewari have been awarded the DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship in Mathematics and Engineering respectively (July 2014 Batch).
- Prof. Rajat Moona has been awarded the IESA 2014 TechnoVisionary Award.
- Purushottam Kar has been awarded IUPRAI Doctoral Dissertation Award.
- Directions in Computer Science - A workshop in memorium of Rajeev Motwani is being organized on December 19, 2014.
- The First International Conference on Algorithms and Discrete Applied Mathematics (CALDAM 2015), IIT Kanpur, February 5-10, 2015.
- Neurons and Consciousness a cognitive science mini-workshop is being organized at IIT Kanpur on Friday 29th August, 2014.
- CSE department felicitates former faculty Professor V. Rajaraman, founding faculty member of the department and author of many CS titles, on conferment of Honoris Causa (Doctor of Science) at Convocation 2014 of IIT Kanpur. (Read more)
- CSE Adjunct Professor (and Microsoft Research Staff member) Sumit Gulwani, receives the 2014 Robin Milner Young Researcher Award for outstanding contributions to the area of programming languages. Read more
- Dr. Vinay P. Namboodiri has joined department as a faculty member since Nov 2013.
- Dr. Rajat Mittal has joined department as a faculty member since Dec 2013.
- Somenath Biswas has been elected as a Fellow of National Academy of Sciences, India for the year 2013 [article].
- Research project by Umair Ahmed, Sumit Gulwani and Amey Karkare showcased at Microsoft Techfest 2013.
- Manindra Agrawal has been awarded the Padma Shri Award for his contributions to Science and Engineering [article].
- Rohit Gurjar, Arpita Korwar, Nitin Saxena and Thomas Thierauf, "Deterministic identity testing for sum of read-once oblivious arithmetic branching programs", CCC 2015
- Diptarka Chakraborty and Raghunath Tewari, "Simultaneous Time-Space Upper Bounds for Red-Blue Path Problem in Planar DAGs", WALCOM 2015
- Diptarka Chakraborty, A. Pavan, Raghunath Tewari, N. V. Vinodchandran and Lin Yang" ,New Time-Space Upperbounds for Directed Reachability in High-genus and H-minor-free Graphs", . FSTTCS 2014
- Shubhadip Mitra, Sayan Ranu, Vinay Kolar, Arnab Bhattacharya, Ravi Kokku, Aditya Telang, Sriram Raghavan, "Trajectory Aware Macro-cell Planning for Mobile Users", INFOCOM 2015
- Pawan Aurora, and Shashank K Mehta's paper gets accepted to ISAAC 2014.
- Aditya Nigam, and Phalguni Gupta's paper gets accepted to IJCB 2014.
- Richard Cleve, and Rajat Mittal's paper gets accepted to ICALP 2014.
- Surender Baswana, and Shahbaz Khan's paper gets accepted to ICALP 2014.
- Ajitha Shenoy, Somenath Biswas, and Piyush Kurur's paper gets accepted to GECCO 2014
- Akhil Arora, Mayank Sachan, and Arnab Bhattacharya's paper gets accepted to SIGMOD 2014.
- Amitabha Sanyal, Alan Mycroft, Amey Karkare and Rahul Asati's paper gets accepted to CC 2014.
- Amrita Chaturvedi and T.V. Prabhakar's paper gets accepted to SAC 2014.
- New CSE website under development
- Online Course on ICT Basics [agmoocs.in]
- Upcoming CS Events in India [List].
- Important notification regarding online courses offered by the department [link].
- The CSE Department announces the construction of the new Rajeev Motwani building for CSE. [Website]
- Save Energy, Save the Earth ! Share a Car - Check out the new IIT Kanpur Carpool Portal here(Intranet only).