The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) was the first department in India to start Computer Science education.
It started in August 1963 with an IBM 1620 system - a novelty then, even in many North
American and European universities. The department runs BTech, MTech and PhD programs and is
engaged in cutting edge research with sponsored projects and consultancies. Many of the
nation's leading experts, educationists and consultants in computer science today are
the alumni of this department.
Events/ Seminar Corner
- Himanshu Sharma and Ankush Johar -- cofounders of BugsBounty.com will deliver a talk on "How Safe are our Digital Safes?" on Jan 21st, Saturday, at RM 101. They will talk about penetration testing into Banking security.
- SIGML Skype seminar on "Memory Augmented Neural Networks" by Sarath Chandar (U. Montreal) on January 20 (Fri) at 5:30PM in KD101. [Abstract]
- SIGML seminar on "Learning with Complex Performance Metrics" by Nagarajan Natarajan (Microsoft Research) on Friday January 13, 2017 at 5PM in RM101. [ABSTRACT]
- Pulkit Agrawal, UC Berkeley, will give a talk on 10 Jan, 2:30 pm at RM101 with the title "Intuitive Physics and Intuitive Behavior", in the domain of vision and learning.
- Ramakrishna Vedantam, PhD candidate at Virginia Tech, will give a talk on 4 Jan, 3pm at RM101 with title "Words, Pictures, and Common Sense", in the domain of Vision and Language.
- Akshay Awasthi from IoT Forensics Center at Norwich University, Center for Advanced Computing Digital Forensics, will give a lecture on IOT: Curse in Disguise on December 30, 2016 at KD 101 (at 4pm).
- Dr. Shivam Bhasin from NTU Singapore will deliver a talk on "Smart Infrastructures and Physical Attacks: Shall We Care?" on Jan 3rd, at KD 101 at 4 pm.
- Mr. Joydeep Banerjee, PhD student at Arizona State University will deliver a talk on "Modeling and Analysis of Interdependent Power System and Communication Infrastructure" at KD 101 on Jan 5, 10:30 am.
- Seminar on "Algorithmic Fairness: From social good to mathematical framework" by Suresh Venkatasubramanian (U. Utah) on December 16 (Friday) at 11AM in RM101. [ABSTRACT]
- Diptarka Chakraborty, Satyadev Nandakumar, Himanshu Shukla. On Resourse-bounded Versions of the van Lambalgen's Theorem. TAMC 2017.
- Van-Thuan Pham, Sakaar Khurana, Subhajit Roy and Abhik Roychoudhury. Bucketing Failing Tests via Symbolic Analysis. FASE 2017.
- Vivek Gupta, Siddhant Mittal, Sandip Bhaumik, Raj Roy. Assisting Humans to Achieve Optimal Sleep by Changing Ambient Temperature. BIBM 2016.
- Vivek Gupta, Harish Karnick, Ashendra Bansal, Pradhuman Jhala. Product Classification in E-commerce using Distributional Semantics. COLING 2016 Posters.
- Arnab Ghosh, Viveka Kulharia, Amitabha Mukerjee, Vinay P. Namboodiri and Mohit Bansal, "Contextual RNN-GANs for Abstract Reasoning Diagram Generation" AAAI 2017.
- Rahul Arora, Ishan Darolia, Vinay P. Namboodiri, Karan Singh and Adrien Bousseau,"SketchSoup: Exploratory Ideation using Design Sketches" Computer Graphics Forum, accepted, to appear.
- Yeshi Dolma and Vinay P. Namboodiri, "Using Gaussian Processes to Improve Zero-Shot Learning with Relative Attributes" ACCV 2016.
- Piyush Rai, Non-negative Inductive Matrix Completion for Discrete Dyadic Data, AAAI 2017
- A. Aggarwal, S. Ghoshal, A. M S, S. Sinha, G.Ramakrishnan, Purushottam Kar and P. Jain, Scalable Optimization of Multivariate Performance Measures in Multi-instance Multi-label Learning, AAAI 2017.
- Sudhanshu Shukla and Mainak Chaudhuri. Tiny Directory: Efficient Shared Memory in Many-core Systems with Ultra-low-overhead Coherence Tracking. HPCA 2017.
- Jayesh Gaur, Mainak Chaudhuri, Pradeep Ramachandran, Sreenivas Subramoney. Near-optimal Access Partitioning for Memory Hierarchies with Multiple Heterogeneous Bandwidth Sources. HPCA 2017.
- W. Pan, H. Narasimhan, Purushottam Kar, P. Protopapas, H. G. Ramaswamy, Optimizing the Multiclass F-measure via Biconcave Programming, ICDM 2016.
- Prakhar Banga, Atul R Pai, Subhajit Roy, Mainak Chaudhuri. Accelerating Schedule Space Exploration of Multi-threaded Programs with GPUs. MEMOCODE 2016.
- Prachi Josi, Vedahari Narasimhan G., Haibo Zeng, Sandeep K. Shukla, Chung-Wei Lin, Huafeng Yu, "Design Space Exploration for Time-Triggered Ethernet-based Architecture of Automotive Systems", IEEE HLDVT 2016.
- J. Leeka, S. Bedathur, D. Bera, M. Atre, Quark-X: An Efficient Top-K Processing Framework for RDF Quad Stores, in 25th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Indianapolis, IN, USA, 2016
- Trading Determinism for Time in Space Bounded Computations. Vivek Anand T Kallampally and Raghunath Tewari. MFCS 2016.
- Kamlesh Tiwari and Phalguni Gupta, "Meandering Energy Potential to Locate Singular Point of Fingerprint", ICB 2016
- Improving GPU Performance Through Resource Sharing, Vishwesh Jatala, Jayvant Anantpur & Amey Karkare, 25th Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC), 2016
- Shubhendu Aggarwal, Shubhadip Mitra and Arnab Bhattacharya, "SkyCover: Finding Range-Constrained Approximate Skylines with Bounded Quality Guarantees", COMAD 2016