- Prof. Manindra Agarwal is elected as a Foreign associate of the US National Academy of Sciences.
- Prof. Nitin Saxena has been awarded the DST Swarnajayanti Fellowship for the year 2013-14.
- Prof. Sandeep Shukla has joined the faculty as a Professor.
- Prof. Rajat Mittal and Prof. Raghunath Tewari have been awarded the DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship in Mathematics and Engineering respectively (July 2014 Batch).
- Prof. Rajat Moona has been awarded the IESA 2014 TechnoVisionary Award.
- Purushottam Kar has been awarded IUPRAI Doctoral Dissertation Award.
- Directions in Computer Science - A workshop in memorium of Rajeev Motwani is being organized on December 19, 2014.
- The First International Conference on Algorithms and Discrete Applied Mathematics (CALDAM 2015), IIT Kanpur, February 5-10, 2015.
- Neurons and Consciousness a cognitive science mini-workshop is being organized at IIT Kanpur on Friday 29th August, 2014.
- CSE department felicitates former faculty Professor V. Rajaraman, founding faculty member of the department and author of many CS titles, on conferment of Honoris Causa (Doctor of Science) at Convocation 2014 of IIT Kanpur. (Read more)
- CSE Adjunct Professor (and Microsoft Research Staff member) Sumit Gulwani, receives the 2014 Robin Milner Young Researcher Award for outstanding contributions to the area of programming languages. Read more
- Dr. Vinay P. Namboodiri has joined department as a faculty member since Nov 2013.
- Dr. Rajat Mittal has joined department as a faculty member since Dec 2013.
- Somenath Biswas has been elected as a Fellow of National Academy of Sciences, India for the year 2013 [article].
- Research project by Umair Ahmed, Sumit Gulwani and Amey Karkare showcased at Microsoft Techfest 2013.
- Manindra Agrawal has been awarded the Padma Shri Award for his contributions to Science and Engineering [article].
- Kamlesh Tiwari and Phalguni Gupta, "Indexing Fingerprint Database with Minutiae based Coaxial Gaussian Track Code and Quantized Lookup Table", ICIP 2015.
- Prof. Manindra Agrawal, Blaise Genest (CNRS), and P. S. Thiagarajan (NUS), "Approximate Verification of the Symbolic Dynamics of Markov Chains", JACM 2015 [PDF]
- Umair Z. Ahmed, Krishnendu Chatterjee and Sumit Gulwani, "Automatic Generation of Alternative Starting Positions for Simple Traditional Board Games", AAAI 2015, [PDF]
- Deepak Pathak, Sai Nitish Satyavolu, Vinay P. Namboodiri, "Where is my Friend? - Person identification in Social Networks", Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG 2015) (Paper).
- Pawan Aurora, Sumit Singh and Shashank K Mehta, "Partial Degree Bounded Edge Packing Problem for Graphs and k-Uniform Hypergraphs", Journal of Combinatorial Optimization
- Kamlesh Tiwari and Phalguni Gupta, "A Touch-less Fingerphoto Recognition System for Mobile Hand-held Devices" ICB 2015
- Rohit Gurjar, Arpita Korwar, Nitin Saxena and Thomas Thierauf, "Deterministic identity testing for sum of read-once oblivious arithmetic branching programs", CCC 2015
- Diptarka Chakraborty and Raghunath Tewari, "Simultaneous Time-Space Upper Bounds for Red-Blue Path Problem in Planar DAGs", WALCOM 2015
- Diptarka Chakraborty, A. Pavan, Raghunath Tewari, N. V. Vinodchandran and Lin Yang" ,New Time-Space Upperbounds for Directed Reachability in High-genus and H-minor-free Graphs", . FSTTCS 2014
- Shubhadip Mitra, Sayan Ranu, Vinay Kolar, Arnab Bhattacharya, Ravi Kokku, Aditya Telang, Sriram Raghavan, "Trajectory Aware Macro-cell Planning for Mobile Users", INFOCOM 2015
- Pawan Aurora, and Shashank K Mehta's paper gets accepted to ISAAC 2014.
- Aditya Nigam, and Phalguni Gupta's paper gets accepted to IJCB 2014.
- Richard Cleve, and Rajat Mittal's paper gets accepted to ICALP 2014.
- Surender Baswana, and Shahbaz Khan's paper gets accepted to ICALP 2014.
- Ajitha Shenoy, Somenath Biswas, and Piyush Kurur's paper gets accepted to GECCO 2014
- Akhil Arora, Mayank Sachan, and Arnab Bhattacharya's paper gets accepted to SIGMOD 2014.
- Amitabha Sanyal, Alan Mycroft, Amey Karkare and Rahul Asati's paper gets accepted to CC 2014.
- Amrita Chaturvedi and T.V. Prabhakar's paper gets accepted to SAC 2014.