Post Doctoral Fellow
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India
Phone : +91 83 350 45 897
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
1. Information Retrieval on Legal Domain.
2. Improving retrieval performance on Noisy Text in the absence of training data.
3. Optimization techniques on Data Fusion.
4. Query Reweighting and Expansion.
5. Retrieval Models.
6. Information Access on Social Media Text.
1. Kripabandhu Ghosh. Improving e-discovery using information retrieval.
ACM International Conference for Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval,
SIGIR 2012: 996.
2. Anirban Chakraborty, Kripabandhu Ghosh, Swapan Kumar Parui. Retrieval from
Noisy E-Discovery Corpus in the Absence of Training Data. SIGIR 2015:
3. Kripabandhu Ghosh and Swapan Kumar Parui. Clustered Semi-Supervised Relevance Feedback. ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge
Management, CIKM 2015: 1723-1726.
4. Kripabandhu Ghosh, Anirban Chakraborty, Swapan Kumar Parui and Prasenjit Majumder. Improving Information Retrieval Performance on OCRed Text in the Absence of Clean Text Ground Truth. Information Processing and
Management, IPM, Elsevier, 52(5): 873-884 (2016).
5. Kripabandhu Ghosh, Swapan K. Parui and Prasenjit Majumder. Learning combination weights in data fusion using Genetic Algorithms. Information Processing and Management, IPM, Elsevier, 51(3): 306-328 (2015).
6. Saptarshi Ghosh, Kripabandhu Ghosh, Tanmoy Chakraborty, Debasis Ganguly, Gareth Jones and Marie-Francine Moens. First International Workshop on Exploitation of Social Media for Emergency Relief and Preparedness (SMERP). ECIR 2017. (accepted)
7. Moumita Basu, Anurag Roy, Kripabandhu Ghosh, Somprakash Bandyopadhyay and Saptarshi Ghosh. A Novel Word Embedding Based Stemming Approach for Microblog Retrieval. ECIR 2017. (accepted)
1. FIRE organizing/program committee member 2011-present.
2. Co-organizing FIRE 2016 Information Extraction from Microblogs Posted during Disasters track.
3. Co-organizing ECIR 2017 Exploitation of Social Media for Emergency Relief and Preparedness
4. Co-organized FIRE 2013 Information access in legal domain track.
5. Co-organized ISI/IRSI/DAIICT Winter School on Information Retrieval Systems and
Experimentation, December 2010, ISI Bangalore.
1. Christopher D. Manning, Prabhakar Raghavan and Hinrich Schütze. Introduction to Information Retrieval. Cambridge University Press. 2008. An essential for learning Information retrieval.
2. Herbert Schildt. Java 2: A Beginner's Guide. A nice book to learn java.
3. Venugopal. Mastering C. A nice book to learn C.
4. Jon Bentlay. Programming Pearls. A delightful book for the programmers.
5. Stephen W. Hawking. Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays. The laws of universe in a scientific outlook.
6. Shiv Khera. You Can Win. Formulae and Algorithms for Success.
1. Online Computer Science Video Lectures.
2. Donald Knuth's Lectures on Problem Solving.
3. Visions of Richard Feynman -- A Scientist who is never tired of asking questions.
My humble efforts in Bengali poetry. Kripa's Blog
Acknowledgment : I borrowed the skeleton of this page
from Dr. Mandar Mitra.