Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
[Google Scholar] [LinkedIn] [ResearchGate]
Email: ssri [AT] cse [DOT] iitk [DOT] ac [DOT] in
Detailed Resume (updated - August, 2021): PDF
I have joined the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at IIT(ISM) Dhanbad as an Assistant Professor.
Previously, I served as a Visiting Faculty at the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Lucknow as a Visiting Faculty. I recently offered the course titled Object Oriented Methodology to B.Tech, 1st year students.
Prior to that, I offered courses titled Introduction to Programming to B.Tech, 1st Year students and Advanced Programming Languages to B.Tech, 2nd Year students.
A YouTube channel where the lectures and class discussions are uploaded can be reached here
I am mostly interested in Building Systems, and exploring any issues which pop up during the design, implementation or operation of systems. From the research perspective, I work broadly in the field of Software Engineering and Architecture.
The Microservices pattern excites me, so does any architectural issues specific to AI-intensive systems.
My thesis work, titled Architectural Issues with Chatbots, is dedicated towards exploring design issues involved in building practical chatbots.
In past, I have also done some work related to Cloud Computing and Privacy Engineering. I can have a basic conversation about traits of Biometrics as well, although I am not actively working in the field.
I left ISRO long back. Still, a discussion about Space Technologies can always intrigue me.
Dr T.V. Prabhakar
- PhD: Architectural Issues with Chatbots [Details]
- M.Tech: ARCHAWARE2: A Style based Software Architecture Documentation Tool [Thesis]
and Dr Vinay P. Namboodiri
Puneet Gupta, Saurabh Srivastava, and Phalguni Gupta. An Accurate Infrared Hand Geometry and Vein Pattern based Authentication System. Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol. 103, pp. 143-155, 2016, Elsevier.
Sumit Kalra, T.V. Prabhakar, and Saurabh Srivastava. An Architectural Roadmap towards building an Alarm Diffusion System. Ingenierie des Systemes d'Information, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 11-25, 2018, IIETA.
Saurabh Srivastava, Sumit Kalra, and T.V. Prabhakar. Defining Chatbots with Contextual Reactive Pattern. Submitted to Transactions on Pattern Languages of Programming, 2020, Springer.
Saurabh Srivastava, Vinay P. Namboodiri, and T.V. Prabhakar. Achieving Privacy-Utility Trade-off in Existing Software Systems. In Proceedings of 2019 International Conference on Advanced Information Systems and Engineering, Cairo, Egypt. IOP Publishing, 2019.
Saurabh Srivastava and T.V. Prabhakar. Hospitality of Chatbot building Platforms. In Proceedings of SQUADE, 27th ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE), Tallinn, Estonia. ACM, 2019.
Saurabh Srivastava and T.V. Prabhakar. A Reference Architecture for Applications with Conversational Components. In 2019 IEEE 10th International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science (ICSESS), Beijing, China. IEEE, 2019.
Saurabh Srivastava and T.V. Prabhakar. Intent Sets - Architectural Choices for Building Practical Chatbot. In 2020 12th International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE), Sydney, Australia. ACM ICPS, 2020.
Saurabh Srivastava, Sumit Kalra, and T.V. Prabhakar. Contextual Reactive Pattern on Chatbot-building Platforms. In 2020 25th European Conference on Pattern Languages of Programs (EuroPLoP), Virtual Event, Germany. ACM ICPS, 2020.
Saurabh Srivastava and T.V. Prabhakar. Desirable Features of a Chatbot-building Platform. In 2nd IEEE International Conference on Humanized Computing and Communication (HCCAI), Irvine, USA. 2020.
Code, Applications and Repositories
- The PUTWorkbench repository can be found on Bitbucket. There is a copy of the code (as on September, 2020) on GitHub too, but it may not be updated. A code capsule with reproducibility badge is also available on codeocean.com for quick edits and evaluation.
- The code repository of a demo interpreter for Nubo can be found at Bitbucket.
- The detailed results for the experiments with the Cricket Novice Chatbot as covered in the publication describing Intent Sets, can be found at Bitbucket.
- The configuration files to build and deploy the Chanakya Airlines Demo Chatbot as covered in the publication describing Contextual Reactive Pattern, can be found at this Bitbucket project. There are two repositories associated with the project. While one provides Java code to imitate the backend operations of the Airline, the other provides details to define it over Dialogflow.
- The Archaware2 tool's executable, source code and compiled classes can be found here.
Teaching, Seminars and Presentations
Resources for the seminar organised by me at IIT(ISM) Dhanbad titled Introduction to AI and IBM Watson can be found here.
Resources for my talks at TEQUIP-III events, organised by IIT Indore are here:
Resources for my Invited Academia Talk on AI-driven Chatbot Architecture & Design at IIT Jodhpur are here: [Link to Onedrive folder]
The YouTube links to my lectures for the NPTEL course on ICT Basics are here:
- Slides for my State of the Art Seminar on Microservices can be found here.
- Slides for my session as a Keynote Speaker at Two Days National Level Workshop on Cloud Computing & Big Data, held at MMCOE, Pune, can be found here.
- Selected slides from the hands-on Workshop on Building Chatbots as a Keynote Speaker, held at AIIT, Lucknow, can be found here.
The links to my presentations at different Conferences are here:
- At ICAISE, 2019, Cairo, Egypt - [PDF]
- At SQUADE, ESEC/FSE, 2019, Tallinn, Estonia - [PDF]
- At ICSESS, 2019, Beijing, China - [PDF]
- At ICCAE, 2020, Sydney, Australia - [PDF]
- At HCCAI, 2020, Irvine, USA (later changed to a virtual event) - [PDF]