My research interests are centred around algorithms and complexity. Specifically, I am interested in computational algebra, quantum computation computational number theory. Recently, I have been interested in functional programming and type theory.
- How to twist pointers without breaking them Satvik Chauhan, Piyush P Kurur and Brent A. Yorgey To appear in the Haskell Symposium 2016.
- Performance of Metropolis Algorithm for the Minimum Weight Code Word Problem, Ajith Shenoy K B, Somenath Biswas and Piyush P Kurur, Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO), pages 485–492 2014.
- Quantum cyclic codes of length dividing . Sagarmoy Dutta and Piyush P Kurur, In the IEEE Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), pages 648–652, 2011.
- Can quantum search accelerate evolutionary algorithms? Daniel Johannsen, Piyush P Kurur and Johannes Lengler, Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO), pages 1433-1440. 2010.
- Representing groups on graphs. Sagarmoy Dutta and Piyush P Kurur, In the 34th International Symposium on Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science (MFCS), pages 295–306, 2009.
- Computing Single Source Shortest Paths using Single-Objective Fitness Functions. Surender Baswana, Somenath Biswas, Benjamin Doerr,Tobias Friedrich, Piyush P Kurur and Frank Neumann, In the 10th ACM Foundations of Genetic Algorithms (FOGA), pages 59-66. 2009.
- Fast integer multiplication using modular arithmetic. Anindya De, Piyush P Kurur, Chandan Saha and Ramprasad Saptharishi, In the 40th ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC), pages 499–506, 2008.
- A polynomial time nilpotence test for Galois Groups and related results. V. Arvind and Piyush P Kurur, In the 31st International symposium on Mathematical Foundatations of Computer Science (MFCS), pages 134–145, 2006.
- Bounded colour multiplicity Graph Isomorphism is in the #L-hierarchy. V. Arvind, Piyush P Kurur and T. C. Vijayaraghavan, In the 20th IEEE Conference on Computational Complexity (CCC), pages 13–27, 2005.
- On the complexity of computing units in a number field. V. Arvind and Piyush P Kurur, In the 6th Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium (ANTS), LNCS 3076, pages 72–86, 2004.
- Upper bounds on the complexity of some Galois Theory Problems. V. Arvind and Piyush P Kurur, In the 14th Annual International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation, (ISAAC), LNCS 2906, pages 716–725, 2003.
- Graph Isomorphism is in SPP. V. Arvind and Piyush P Kurur, In 43rd Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science(FOCS), pages 743–750, 2002.
- Permutation Groups and the Graph Isomorphism problem Sumanta Ghosh and Piyush P Kurur, Perspectives in Computational Complexity, pages 183-202, 2014.
- Evolutionary Algorithms for Quantum Computers. Daniel Johannsen, Piyush P Kurur and Johannes Lengler, Algorithmica 68(1), pages 152-189, 2014.
- Fast integer multiplication using modular arithmetic. Anindya De, Piyush P Kurur, Chandan Saha and Ramprasad Saptharishi, SIAM Journal on Compution, 42(2), pages 685–699, 2013.
- Testing nilpotence of Galois groups in polynomial time. V. Arvind and Piyush P Kurur, ACM Transactions on Algorithms 8(3), pages 32:1–32:22, 2012.
- Graph Isomorphism is in SPP. V. Arvind and Piyush P Kurur, Information and Computation 204(5), pages 835–852, 2006.
- Non-stabilizer quantum codes from abelian subgroups of the error group. V. Arvind and Piyush P Kurur and K. R. Parthasarathy, Quantum Information, Statistics and Probability, pages 1–29, 2004.
- Quantum Error Correcting Codes: An introduction Piyush P Kurur, QICC 2005, IIT Kharagpur. 2005.