Sponsored and consultancy Projects
- ASIC for Electrical Instrumentation processor, IIT Kanpur, Technology
Development Mission, Planning Commission (About Rs. 60 Lakhs)
- Special Manpower Development Project in the area of VLSI Design with Dr.
Aloke Dutta, Electrical Engg., by Ministry of Information Technology (About
Rs. 85 lakhs)
site for Indian Language Tools, Ministry of Information
Technology Under Technology Development for Indian Languages, with Prof. T.V.
Prabhakar (About Rs. 14 lakhs)
Development of Linux
tools for Indian Languages, Ministry of Information Technology
under Technology Development for Indian Languages, (About Rs. 16 lakhs).
- Hindi and Nepali Portal Development, Ministry of Information Technology
under Technology Development for Indian Languages, (About Rs. 35 lakhs),
with Dr. T.V. Prabhakar.
Development of an
operating systems for Smart Cards, Ministry of Information
Technology, (About Rs. 11 lakhs). With Dr. Deepak Gupta and Dr. Manindra
- Software Development for Cockpit Data Recorder (CDR) with HAL Korwa,
Phase I and II, A total of Rs. 60000.00 project. The CDR developed through
this consultancy was used in the LCA flights.
- Cadence Research Centre for High Level System Design. A total of Rs. 35
lakhs was paid towards the student's fellowship in this scheme by Cadence
over four years. In addition to this a total of about Rs. 15 lakhs were paid
towards the consultancy and running expenses of the CARES. The project was
handled by three faculty members including Dr. Deepak Gupta, Dr. Sanjeev
Aggarwal and myself.
- Computer Interactive Voice Response System for UPSEAT 2000 examination.
A total of Rs. 60000.00. The software developed for this was used in the
UPSEAT examination in 2000 and will be used in later years as well.
- Computer Interactive voice Response System for UPMCAT 2000 examination.
A total of Rs. 60000.00. The software developed in this project was used in
year 2000 examination and will be used in subsequent years as well.
- Application processing software for GATE 1999. A total of Rs. 60000.00.
The software developed through this was used in GATE examinations of 1999,
2000 and will be used in 2001 for computerized application processing, admit
card printing, routine enquiries, score card printing and other
- Application processing software for CPMT 2000. A total of Rs. 1.00 lakh.
It involved the computerized processing of the applications, admit card
printing, handling examination related enquiries from the candidates,
grading and result printing, computer interactive voice response system etc.
- In addition to these I have been involved in directing the students
registered in a Software Engineering course taught by Prof. Pankaj Jalote
towards developing the software for the JEE application processing. This
software was used in JEE 1999 and JEE 2000. Substantial modifications to
these were used in JEE 2001, GATE 1999, GATE 2000 and other examinations.
- VLSI course Design and Course ware for VLSI related courses for
Control-net India Pvt. Ltd. Goa, Rs. 3.00 Lakhs.
- Smart Card Operating Systems and Applications. Several projects worth close to Rs. 90.00 Lakhs.
The smart cards are the security devices that implement secure data storage, cryptographic operations
without compromising the keys, access control and authentication. I have been involved in the
development of the Indian standard for Operating Systems for Smart cards
(www.scosta.gov.in) known as SCOSTA. There are two specialized
versions of this operating systems once primarily for low cost contact applications while the other one
a more comprehensive once suited for low-cost contact applications, contactless applications and a
combination of contact and contactless interfaces. Some of the applications that were developed and
standardized for the operations in the country include, driving licenses, vehicle registration certificates,
national ID and electronic passport.
- Smart Card Devices. A few projects are initiated in this area to define standardized and secure
smart card terminals and hand-held devices for use in applications on the field. These devices can be
used in applications ranging from police, various authorities and immigrations etc.
- RFID applications and technologies. In this area, there are two major projects to use RFID in the
postal bag tracking and electronic file tracking. In this projects, we are working on a reader-neutral
mechanism to define a middle ware and use it for tracking the tagged files electronically
All content on this page is (c) Rajat Moona. No
content may be copied or 'borrowed' without explicit consent. No
part of the graphics may be copied or reproduced in any form. Layout
Poonam and Prabhu Goel Chair
Coordinator, Prabhu Goel Research Centre on Computer and Internet Security